A good news has been announced by the Assam Government police department for those who are want to work in the Police department at the post of Constable, Sub Inspector, and Jail Warder. The recruitment advertisement already published. Here I will share the all the details of Assam Police recruitment.
Assam Police Constable Recruitment
The total 5494 vacancies have been notified through official advertisement dated 25 April 2018.
|Category||Unarmed Branch||Armed Branch|
|Women Reservation (Horizontal)||30%||10%|
Seats are distributed in the armed and unarmed forces.
District wise seat distribution
The upper age limit for the candidate should not be more than 25 years as on 01.01.2018. The minimum age limit is set to 18 years. The criteria for the age relaxation is as follows
- ST(P), ST(H), SC: 5 Years
- OBC/MOBC: 3 Years
- Trained Home Guards/Member of VDPs: 3Years (additional)
- FMMOs/SPOs: 10 Years (Additional, certificate required)
Unarmed Branch: 12th or Higher Secondary school examination pass from a government recognized board.
Armed Branch: 10th or High School Certificate examination pass from a recognized board.
|Physical Standard||Male in cm||Female in cm|
|Height Minimum (GEN/OBC/MOBC/SC)||162.56||154.94|
|Height Minimum for ST(P) ST(H)||160.02||152.40|
|Chest Normal (GEN/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST-P)||80||NA|
|Chest Normal for ST(H)||78||NA|
|Chest Expanded (GEN/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST-P)||85||NA|
|Chest Expanded for ST(H)||83||NA|
How to Apply
The interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the post from the date 02.05.2018 to 02.06.2018. They have to apply online through Assam Police department official website.
- Scanned Passport size color photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature (With Black or dark Blue Ink)
- HSLC Certificate for proof of age
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- One valid email address
- One mobile number
After checking all documents submitted by the candidate, he/she allowed to appear in the recruitment process.
Physical Standard Test
This test doesn’t carry any mark. A medical officer will check the physical health of the eligible candidate which includes height, weight,
Physical Efficiency Test (40Marks)
This test contains two events one is Race (3.2Km of Race for Men and 1600 Meter ) and Long Jump (335cm for Men and 244cm).
Both tests carry 20 Marks each.
Written Test (50 Marks)
The Physical standard qualified candidates will get the chance to appear in the written test. Total 5 times applicant of total vacancies will be shortlisted for this phase of the examination.
The written test will be of 50 Marks and will have 100 multiple choice questions. Candidate will get 0.5 Marks on a correct answer to each question. There will be no negative marking.
Extra Curricular Activity/Special Skill 10 Marks
- Education Qualification: Maximum Marks -5
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): Maximum Marks -3
- Computer Skills: Maximum Marks -5
- Diploma Certificate/ITI /Polytechnic Course: Maximum Marks -3
Sub Inspector Recruitment
The Assam Police Department also advertised the 130 post of sub-inspector Unarmed branch in the pay scale of 14000-49000 with Grade pay of 8700.
The interested candidates can apply online through official police department website.
- Start date of Registration: 17/04/2018
- Last date of online form submission: 17/05/2018
Number of Vacancies
This recruitment is for Total 130 vacant post in the Sub Inspector cadre. The reservation in the seats will be as per government guidelines. The 30% seats are reserved for women candidates in each category. Here is the category wise seat detail.
Candidates age should be between 20 to 24 years. The reference date for age calculation is 01 Jan 2018. The relaxation will be as per govt rules.
The must be a graduate from Government recognized institutes/university.
Physical Standard of Candidate
All candidates who are found eligible for the post of Sub Inspector in the Assam Police will be called for written test. Written test will be of 100 Marks and the test paper will have total 100 questions from following subjects
- Logical Reasoning, Aptitude, and Comprehension
- History & Culture of Assam & India
- General Knowledge
The test duration is of 3 hours. Each question carries One mark. A wrong answer will deduct 0.5 marks.
On the basis of performance in the written examination candidate will be called for the Physical test. The total 5 times applicants will be called from total advertised seats from each category.
Physical Efficiency test
It will be of 40 marks and divided into following two segments.
- Race: 20 Marks
- Long Jump: 20 Marks
- Course Certificate or Degree: 10 Marks
- Practical Test (Separate test for each candidate): 20 marks
Extra Curricular Activity (30 Marks)
- NCC: 05 Marks (Maximum)
- Home Guard: 5 Marks (Maximum)
- Sports: 10 Marks (Maximum)
- Academic Achievements: 10 Marks (Maximum)
Jail Warder Recruitment in Prison Department
The Jail Warder recruitment published on 05 April 2018 for the posting of staff in prison department. The total vacant posts at Jail Warder position are 135. Interested candidate can apply online for the post through official website from 08/04/2018. The last date for the application is 08/05/2018.
Age Limit for Jail Warder
- The minimum age criteria for the post: 18 Years
- The maximum age limit for Jail warder: 38 Years
The age will be calculated from the date 01/01/2018. Relaxation in age limit will be as per government rules.
- Male: Applicant must have 10th pass from government recognized board.
- Female: She must have class 8th pass certificate from government recognized board.
The minimum physical standard for the post of Jail warder is shown in the following image
The procedure is divided into four parts. Same is described here one by one.
Physical Efficiency Test (15 Marks)
The eligible candidate (who meet the eligibility criteria) will be called for PET. Under Physical Efficiency Test, candidates have to participate in the race. There will be separate length for Male & female. The performance basis marks for the candidate are shown in the table
Written Test 75 Marks
Total 10 times of the vacancy i.e. 1350 will be selected for next round of examination. The written test will carry total 75 marks.
The written paper will be in the English and Assamese language.
There is no negative marking in the examination. Each question carries one mark.
Subject wise marks distributions are:
- General English: 10 Marks
- Elementary Arithmetic 10 Marks
- General Science 10 Marks
- Logical Reasoning/Mental Ability 10 Marks
- Indian History 10 Marks
- General Knowledge 10 Marks
- Assam History Geography Polity Economy 15 Marks
Extra Curricular Activity/Special skills 10 Marks
- Extracurricular activity such as NCC, Home Guard, Proficiency in Computer, Handicrafts, Weaving, Tailoring, Ex Service man: Max Marks-5
- Marks on Academic excellence: Max marks 5
I have shared the summary of all the useful information about Assam Police Recruitment of Constable, Sub Inspector, and Jail Warder. In the case of any doubt please feel free to put your views in the comment section.