Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited is a state-owned Navratna company under the Government of India. Company headquarter is located at Mumbai. The company chiefly deals in Oil and Gas products such as Petroleum, Natural Gas and other petrochemicals. In 2015, the company engendered a revenue of ₹2, 40,367 crores with operating income and net income of ₹9,777 crore and ₹5,082 crore correspondingly. In the same year, the company stated its total assets to be ₹44,866 crore.In 2016, with over 13,535 employees presently working under it, BPCL was listed with a rank of 358 in prestigious Fortune Global 500.
To give fledgling, spirited and worthy Engineering Graduates a chance to serve in the Navratna company, BPCL circulates a recruitment notice for the post of Management Trainee but only for the candidates pursuing Engineering Degree in the discipline of Mechanical & Chemical Engineering.
Let us see what do BPCL offers for this post. This article will cover every detail of this job post.
The candidates designated as the Management Trainee in the company are placed in different departments. They ought to work with experienced managers in the departments to learn or gain experience of how to execute any operation in the department. They should attain knowledge on client service, company policies, company goals and other important services that can help the company to attain success.
Management Trainee must possess two noteworthy aptitudes:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Tremendous Analytical skills
BPCL MT Pay Structure
The Government PSU will recompense Management Trainee a basic pay of ₹24,900/- in the pay scale of ₹24,900-₹50,500/-. Parallel to basic pay, Management Trainee will also relish numerous perks & Allowances such as:
- Dearness Allowance (D.A.): Currently the Dearness Allowance is 110% of basic pay.
- House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.): House Rent Allowance varies with the cities where the candidates are placed:
- 30% of basic pay for Class A City
- 20% of basic pay for Class B City
- 10% of basic pay for Class C City
Here is the salary breakup for the newly recruited executives
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.12.2016)||29955|
|Perks (50% of Basic pay)||12450|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% of Basic pay plus DA)||6418|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||81193|
The Officers are also eligible for the following benefits
- Provident Fund
- New Pension Scheme
- Vehicle Loan Facility
- Medical Reimbursement for self and family
- Holiday Home Facility
- Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme and other benefits
- Students withFull-Time Bachelor Degree in Engineering (B.E. / B.Tech.) and Bachelor Degree in Science (B.Sc.-Engineering) in the discipline of Mechanical & Chemical Engineering.
- Students who are pursuing B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. in the discipline of Mechanical & chemical and are in the final year / Final semester are also entitled to apply.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For General and OBC-NCL candidates: 60%
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: 50%
The applicants applying for the post of Management Trainee would undergo selection process cited in the succeeding points:
- The candidates are duty bound to apply and appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination for BPCL will utilize the test score of GATE with minimum qualifying marks to allow the applicants to enter the next stage of selection process.
- With the help of GATE TestScore, the applicants gets further enrolled for Group Discussion or any Alternate Selection
- Students surviving in Group Discussion are permitted to enter the next stage of the selection process that is Personal Interview.
- In the end, Pre-Employment Medical Examination is organized for Medical Fitness grounded on the result of which final selection is done.
- The fruitful candidates who join the corporation as Management Trainee would be on probation for one year.
- If the candidates don’t perform well throughout their probation period, their probation period is augmented.
- If the candidates fruitfully completed the probation period, they are Re-Designated as Executive Officers in their respective departments.
The appointed candidates can be placed at any company’s location/offices / joint ventures/subsidiary companies across the country. Some of the vital locations of posting includes:
- Mumbai Refinery, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Kochi Refinery, Kochi, Kerala
- Bina Refinery, Bina in Sagar District, Madhya Pradesh
- Numaligarh Refinery, Numaligarh in Golaghat District, Assam
Important Points to be noted
- Only Indian National are permissible to apply for this job.
- Candidates should retain all the relevant documents
- If Candidates then working at any company qualifies for this post must obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer before joining.