Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, a Miniratna-I company, is a state-owned telecommunications enterprise underneath the Government of India. New Delhi, the capital of India, serves as the headquarters of the company. BSNL got instituted on 15 September 2000. It is the 5thmajor mobile telephony provider, leading fixed phone (landline)and broadband provider in India. The company serves the nation by letting the citizens use their numerous services such as Fixed-line, Internet services, mobile telephony, digital television, and IPTV.In 2016, the company’s Operating income, Net income, and Total assets were measured to be ₹3855 crore, ₹-70.19 billion and ₹893 billion. Currently, more than 216,925 employees get wages in the company.
BSNL recruits Graduate/Diploma Engineers for various designations such as:
- Junior Engineer (JE) erstwhile Technical Telecom Assistant (TTA)
- Management Trainee (Telecom Operations/Telecom Finance)
- Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
Here is the comparative chart of above three posts.
|Name of the Post||Junior Engineer||Junior Telecom Officer||Management Trainee|
|Essential Qualification||3 years Diploma in Telecommunications, Electronic, Radio, Electrical, Computer, Instrumentation and Information Technology OR B.Sc. in Electronics OR B.Sc. in Computer||B.E./B.Tech in Telecommunications, Electronics, Radio, Computer, Electrical or Information OR M.Sc. in Electronics OR M.Sc. in Computer Science||B.E./B.Tech Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer or Electrical plus MBA or M.Tech|
|Cadre||Group C Non-Executive||Group B Executive||Group A Lower Management Post|
|Selection Procedure||All India Exam||GATE||All India Exam Plus Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
This article throws light on the whole enchilada of the above-cited designations in BSNL.
Junior Engineer (JE) erstwhile Technical Telecom Assistant (TTA)
TTA are primarily employed to serve in two fields:
- Installation and maintenance of local & TAXexchanges such as electronic exchanges, telex exchanges, etc.
- Installation and maintenance of telegraph instruments and apparatus, teleprinters, etc.
- Installation and maintenance of power plant, battery, ringers, air conditioning equipment, etc.
- Assisting Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) in installation and maintenance of computer LANs, PCs, and related equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of wire carrier, Interstice, etc.
- Installation and maintenance of wireless equipment, transmitters & receivers.
- Sending, receiving and nursing traffic on wireless links of all
- Testing, locating and jointing work in case cable break down faults.
Read it also: TTA Job Profile
Ensuing points enlightens essential qualifications asked by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited:
- Three years Engineering Diploma or Four years full-time Engineering degree (B.Tech. /B.E.) In Telecommunications, Electronic, Radio, Electrical, Computer, Instrumentation and Information Technology.
- OR B.Sc. in Electronics
- OR B.Sc. in Computer
- OR M.Sc. in Electronics
BSNL conducts an All India Online Competitive Examination, which consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration. Circle wise merit list enclosing the name of the applicants who secured minimum succeeding marks is displayed on BSNL website.
TTA Pay Scale
The successful candidates get placed with a basic salary of ₹13,600 in the pay scale ₹13,600-₹25,420/- with an annual increment of 3% every year. In addition to basic salary, the candidates likewise relish Dearness Allowance (D.A.), House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.), Perks, Medical Benefits, etc.
Read also: JE Salary in hand
Other important points
- Only Indian National are permissible to apply
- The candidates should produce a Service Agreement Bond in the layout specified by BSNL affirming to serve the company for a minimum duration of 24 months.
As the name suggests, Management Trainee is hired to manage particular work in different departments of the company. They are placed to work with current managers to learn managerial works. Management Trainees are future managers of any enterprise. It is Group A or Class I post in the Company. It is equivalent to NTPC Executive Trainee, BHEL Engineer Trainee, PGCIL Executive Trainee, HPCL Officers, ONGC AEE, SAIL MT, CIL Management trainee etc.
Following qualifications are required for the applicants to apply for this post:
- Four years full-time degree in Engineering (B.Tech./B.E.) with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST categories) in the streams of Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer or Electrical.
- In addition, MBA or M.Tech.
- CA/ICWA/CS for Telecom Finance department.
The following points cite the selection process for this post:
- First, the applicants get shortlisted on the ground of eligibility criteria and qualifications.
- The qualified candidates then undertake written test comprising management aptitude, cognitive and technical knowledge sections.
- The candidates who clear the written exam undergoes a further selection process that includes document verification, group discussion, and personal interview.
MT Pay Structure
The successful applicants are placed as Management Trainee in grade E-3 with a basic salary of ₹24,900 in the pay scale ₹24,900-₹50,500/- with 3% of annual increment every year. The company also allows their employees to enjoy Dearness Allowance (D.A.), House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.), perks, medical facility and other allowances as well.
Other important points
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- All Management Trainee will go through a training period of 2 years including the job training of 52 weeks.
- The employees after the appointment need to produce a service agreement bond in the format prescribed by BSNL affirming to serve the company for a minimum period of 5 years.
Junior Telecom Officer
BSNL JTO is the most fable and vivacious designation in the company or any telecom industry. They are placed in the industry to head various operations such as:
- New Connection
- Optical Fibre connections and their maintenance
- Repair and faulty connections
- Network Management
You may like it: JTO work Profile
BSNL expect the applicants to carry following degrees to apply for this job:
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) / Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in the discipline of Telecommunications, Electronics, Radio, Computer, Electrical or Information
- OR M.Sc. in Electronics
- OR M.Sc. in Computer Science
There are two methods of the selection process:
- 50% by direct recruitment
- 50% by promotion through Limited Internal Competitive Examination (LICE)
JTO Pay Scale
Applicant successfully designated as Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) will receive a basic pay of ₹16,400/- in the pay scale ₹16,400-₹40,500/-. In addition to basic pay, the employees will likewise enjoy Dearness Allowance (D.A.), House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.), perks, medical benefits and other allowances as well.
You may like it: JTO Salary in hand
Important points to be noted
- Only Indian Nationals are allowed to apply.
- The candidates by direct recruitment shall remain on probation for two years.