Recruitment of Scientist B in DRDO-through GATE 2018 scorecard

Defence Research Development Organisation established in the year 1958 by merging two government departments i.e. Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army and the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organisation (DSO).

As of now, the DRDO has more than 50 research centres across in India which are working in the field of like electronics, combat vehicles, engineering systems, instrumentation, missiles, aeronautics, armaments, advanced computing and simulation, information systems, special materials, naval systems, life sciences, training, and agriculture.


The current strength of the Scientist is around 5000 and the technical support staff are 25000.

DRDO’s Research and Assessment Centre has issued the official advertisement for the recruitment of 41 Scientist B Engineer through GATE 2018 scorecard.

DRDO Scientist B Post Details

The Defence Research Development Organization post is similar to the ISRO Scientist Recruitment post, both hires graduates engineers in the Group A Gazetted Officer Post at level-10 of  7th CPC pay Matrix.

Let’s see the number of post, eligibility criteria, engineering streams allowed, selection procedure for the Scientist B vacancy post.

Number of vacancy

StreamUROBCSCSTTotal
Electronics & Communication1206030122
Computer Science1005030119

Engineering Stream & GATE Paper Code

There are main two branches candidates are allowed to fill the vacant scientist position in this reputed Government organization. The Equivalent branches students are also eligible to apply. Here are the details.

Electronics and Communication Engineering: The compulsory GATE paper code for this stream is “EC”. Eligible Streams are listed here.

  • Electronics and Communication Engg,
  • Electronics Engg,
  • Electronics & Computer Engg,
  • Electronics and Control Engg,
  • Electronics and Communication System Engg,
  • Electronics and Instrumentation Engg,
  • Electronics and Tele-Communication Engg,
  • Electronics and Telematics Engg,
  • Industrial Electronics Engg,
  • Tele-Communication Engg,
  • Tele-Communication and Information Tech,
  • Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg,
  • Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg, and
  • Electrical with Communication Engg.


The 2nd Eligible Branch is Computer Science Engineering. The compulsory GATE 2018 paper is “CS”. Here is the list of equivalent subjects:

  • Computer Science/Engg/Technology
  • Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
  • Computer Science/Engg and Information Technology
  • Computer Science & System Engg
  • Software Engg /Technology
  • Computer Science Automation Engg/Tech
  • Information Technology
  • Computer Science /Technology and Informatics Engg
  • Information Science and Engg/Technology
  • Computer and Communication Engg
  • Computer Networking

The candidates who are applying for the post must have the degree certificate in above-mentioned engineering streams. The final years appearing graduates are also eligible for the recruitment provided that they should have to submit the degree certificate before 31 July 2018.

Minimum 60% marks are necessary to apply for the Scientist post. If a candidate is having CGPA/CPI marks then he/she must have more than 6.75 CGPA/CPI score in the Graduation.

Age Limit

The Upper age limit on the closing date of application for the Graduate Engineer vacancy is 28 Years for unreserved category candidates.

OBC (Non-Creamy layer): 31 Years

SC/ST: 33 Years

DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018-Apply online

The interested candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria proposed by the Research and Assessment Centre can apply for the post via the official website.

Last date for online application: 01 June 2018


The following self-attested copy of documents is mandatory before applying for Scientist in DRDO

  1. Valid GATE Score Card Registration Number
  2. Scanned Copy of recent passport size Color Photograph
  3. Scanned Copy of Signature
  4. Qualification Certificate
  5. Date of Birth Proof

Selection Procedure

On the basis of GATE score Candidate will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:5 of total category wise vacancy advertised in the official notification.

The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Personal Interview. Before appearing in the interview they need to download the Interview call letter from RAC official website.

The candidates working in Govt Organisation have to produce NOC at the time of Interview.

The Weightage for the GATE score will be 80% and remaining 20% will be for the personal Interview.

Apply Online

Candidate can submit online application from Research and Assessment Centre official website. The site will remain until 1st June 2018 for online application.

Download Official Advertisement

Leave a Comment