With over 3,994 employees as in 2013, Gas Authority of India Limited, a Maharatna Company, is the leading state-owned natural gas producing and dissemination company in India.The company was brought into being in 1984 and it’s headquarter is situated in New Delhi. The organization deals with products such as Natural Gas, Petrochemicals, Liquefied Hydrocarbons, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Transmission, City Gas Distribution, Telecommunication, and Electricity Generation. In the financial year 2013-14, the company spawned a revenue of ₹619 billion with a net income of ₹47 billion.
Recently, GAIL has strewn a recruitment notice to invite fresh, fervent and feisty graduate engineers to fill up the post of Executive Trainees in the company.So let’s go through the notice content before applying.
Before applying for the post, we must know the nature of work of that specific post. So what is the role or responsibilities of an Executive Trainees?
- Perfect Training makes anyone perfect. Initially, the shortlisted ETs experiences vigorous training so that they can fathom the goal & operations of the company and their post.
- The company will pay them with perks and Allowances. Therefore, they should understand what company expects from them.
- The ET in any company works in numerous departments on a rotational basis so that they can gain knowledge on the work nature and goalmouth of each department. Thus, they work with both junior and senior employees.
- Marketing is the backbone of any company. The ETs must understand the marketing aspects such as public relations, client relations, and advertisement way.
- They should gain knowledge of business administration and help the company to encounter its demand and supply.
Salary Structure GAIL Engineers
The pay structure for the post of an Executive Trainee at GAIL is Enlighted in the following sub-points.
- During the training period, the employees will receive a basic pay of ₹24,900/- under the IDA pay scale of ₹24,900-₹50,500/-
- After the training period, the employees will enjoy the same basic pay of ₹24,900/- under the pay scale of ₹24,900-₹50,500/
Perks & Allowances
- Dearness Allowance (D.A.): The Dearness Allowance is 102% of the basic pay.
- House Rent Allowance (H.R.A): The candidates gets H.R.A of 30% or 20% or 10% that depends on which class of city they are currently being posted.
- Performance Related Pay (P.R.P.): This clearly depends on the performance of the individual inside the organization.
Here is the gross salary breakup for the newly recruited Engineers
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.12.2016)||29955|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% )||6418|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||81193|
Apart from basic pay, perks & Allowances, the company also let their employees lead a comfortable life by providing them some additional benefits such as:
- Medical benefits for self and family
- Group Insurance
- House Building Advance
- Conveyance Advance
- Furnishing Advance
- PC Advance
- Contributory Provident Fund
The mandatory qualification to join GAIL as Executive Trainees is stated in the following points:
- ET (Chemical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Chemical / Petrochemical / Chemical Technology / Petrochemical Technology with minimum 65% marks.
- ET (Electrical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics with minimum marks of 65%.
- ET (Mechanical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Mechanical / Production / Production & Industrial / Manufacturing / Mechanical & Automobile with minimum 65% grades.
- ET (Instrumentation): Bachelor Degree in Engineering Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Electrical & Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics with minimum 65% marks.
- ET (Civil): Bachelor Degree in engineering in civil with minimum grades of 65%.
- ET (Business Information System): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Computer Science / Information Technology with minimum 65% marks OR Bachelor Degree with minimum grades of 60% and 3 years Master Degree in Master of Computer Application (MCA) with minimum55% marks.
During the training period or after the training period, the successful applicants can be placed at any Projects or offices location of GAIL. They can even be placed at any subsidiaries or joint ventures of GAIL. Some of the vital locations include:
- Vijaipur (Madhya Pradesh)
- Pata, Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Jamnagar (Gujarat)
- Plants in Assam
The applicants applying for this post will have to go undergo the following selection procedures:
- The applicants must appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – 2017 because GAIL will utilize the result of GATE -2017 for the selection procedure.
- Based on the minimum qualifying marks required in GATE – 2017, the candidates will then be short-listed for the next stage of the selection procedure that is Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview.
- The final merit list will be prepared after the conclusion of the Personal Interview.