With over 4,355 employees as in 2017, Gas Authority of India Limited, a Maharatna Company, is the leading state-owned natural gas producing and dissemination company in India. The company was brought into being in 1984 and it’s headquarter is situated in New Delhi. The organization deals with products such as Natural Gas, Petrochemicals, Liquefied Hydrocarbons, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Transmission, City Gas Distribution, Telecommunication, and Electricity Generation. In the financial year 2017-18, the company spawned a revenue of Rs 54,710.39 Crore with a net income of Rs 4618.41 Crore.
Recently, GAIL has strewn a recruitment notice to invite fresh, fervent and feisty graduate engineers to fill up the post of Executive Trainees in the company through GATE 2019 scorecard. Here in this article, we are going to check the salary of GAIL Executive Trainees after the implementation of 3rd PRC.
GAIL Salary Structure for Engineers
The pay structure for the post of an Executive Trainee at GAIL is Enlighted in the following sub-points.
- During the training period or probation period of One year, the employees will receive a basic pay of ₹60,000/- under the IDA pay scale of ₹60,000-₹1,80,00/- of E-2 Grade.
- After the training period, the ETs will enjoy the same basic pay of ₹60,000/- under the same pay band of ₹60,000-₹1,80,00/-.
Perks & Allowances
- Dearness Allowance (D.A.): The Dearness Allowance is 7.3% of the basic pay.
- House Rent Allowance (H.R.A): The candidates gets H.R.A of 24% or 16% or 8% that depends on which class of city they are currently being posted.
- Performance Related Pay (P.R.P.): This clearly depends on the performance of the individual inside the organization.
Here is the gross salary breakup for the newly recruited Engineers
|GAIL ET Salary after 3rd PRC|
|Salary Component||Executive Trainee|
|Post Type||Class-I/ Group – A|
|Pay Scale||60,000 – 1,80,000|
|Initial Basic Pay||60,000|
|Minimum Monthly Gross Salary in Rs||1,12,500|
As GAIL India is a profit Making Maharatna Company so it has easily managed to implement the 3rd PRC Guidelines (Pay Revision) for their executives and non-executive employees of the organization. The gross salary in hand of a newly recruited Executive Trainee would be Rs 1,12,500/- per month.
Apart from basic pay, perks & Allowances, the company also let their employees lead a comfortable life by providing them with some additional benefits such as:
- Medical benefits for self and family
- Group Insurance
- House Building Advance
- Conveyance Advance
- Furnishing Advance
- PC Advance
- Contributory Provident Fund
Pay Scale & Career Growth
The Company follows the IDA pattern of pay scales which are applicable from 01.01.2017. There are total 10 executive Grades in the Gas Authority of India Limited. The lowest Executive Grade is E-0. The Executive Trainee through GATE recruited in the pay scale of E-2 which has a span from 60,000 to 1,80,000.
In the case of promotion the scale and grade of the executives increased from one level. Suppose the E2 employee get an opportunity for the promotion in the next cadre. Then after the upliftment his new Grdae will be E-3 and pay pand 70,000 – 2,00,000. He/she also get an addidtional increment on the promotion to next scale. If his/her basic pay after promotion doesn’t cross the 70,000 then as per rules basic pay will be fixed at 70,000 from the date of upgradation.
Here is the list of level or Grades with corresponding pay scales after 01.01.2017.
|GAIL Salary Structure for Engineers|
|Grade / Level||Post Name / Designation||Pay Scale from 01.01.2017|
|E0||40,000 – 1,40,000|
|E1||Engineer/ Officer||50,000 – 1,60,000|
|E2||Sr. Engineer/ Sr. Officer||60,000 – 1,80,000|
|E3||Dy. Manager||70,000 – 2,00,000|
|E4||Manager||80,000 – 2,20,000|
|E5||Sr. Manager||90,000 – 2,40,000|
|E6||Chief Manager||1,00,000 – 2,60,000|
|E7||Dy. General Manager|
|E9||Executive Director||1,50,000 – 3,00,000|
The mandatory qualification to join GAIL as Executive Trainees is stated in the following points:
- ET (Chemical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Chemical / Petrochemical / Chemical Technology / Petrochemical Technology with minimum 65% marks.
- ET (Electrical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics with minimum marks of 65%.
- ET (Mechanical): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Mechanical / Production / Production & Industrial / Manufacturing / Mechanical & Automobile with minimum 65% grades.
- ET (Instrumentation): Bachelor Degree in Engineering Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Electrical & Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics with minimum 65% marks.
- ET (Civil): Bachelor Degree in engineering in civil with minimum grades of 65%.
- ET (Business Information System): Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Computer Science / Information Technology with minimum 65% marks OR Bachelor Degree with minimum grades of 60% and 3 years Master Degree in Master of Computer Application (MCA) with minimum55% marks.
During the training period or after the training period, the successful applicants can be placed at any Projects or offices location of GAIL. They can even be placed at any subsidiaries or joint ventures of GAIL. Some of the vital locations include:
- Vijaipur (Madhya Pradesh)
- Pata, Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Jamnagar (Gujarat)
- Plants in Assam
The applicants applying for this post will have to go undergo the following selection procedures:
- The applicants must appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – 2019 because GAIL will utilize the result of GATE -2019 for the selection procedure.
- Based on the minimum qualifying marks required in GATE – 2019, the candidates who will clear cutoff marks, they will be short-listed for the next stage of the selection procedure that is Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview.
- The final merit list will be prepared after the conclusion of the Personal Interview.
Before applying for the post, we must know the nature of the work of that specific post. So what is the role or responsibilities of Executive Trainees?
- Perfect Training makes anyone perfect. Initially, the shortlisted ETs experiences vigorous training so that they can fathom the goal & operations of the company and their post.
- The company will pay them with perks and Allowances. Therefore, they should understand what the company expects from them.
- The ET in any company works in numerous departments on a rotational basis so that they can gain knowledge on the work nature and goalmouth of each department. Thus, they work with both junior and senior employees.
- Marketing is the backbone of any company. The ETs must understand the marketing aspects such as public relations, client relations, and advertisement way.
- They should gain knowledge of business administration and help the company to encounter its demand and supply.