Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), a Navratna Company, is an Indian-State owned enterprise, which operates in the field of Oil and Natural Gas. The company headquarters sat Mumbai. The company became the topic of discussion at world’s canvas when the Forbes 2000 and Fortune 500 featured HPCL. The company is ranked 367th in the Fortune 500 list as of 2016. Currently, the Government of India owns the company’s 51.11% shares and other financial institutes &investors owns the rest 48.89% shares.
HPCL operates two major refineries, one in Mumbai and the other in Visakhapatnam. The refinery in Mumbai has a capacity of 6.5 million metric tons annum while the second one in Visakhapatnam has a capacity of 8.3 million metric tons per annum.
Not very long time ago, HPCL circulated the notice for recruitment of Officers through GATE-2017. In this article we will see the details of the recruitment and the Pay structure of officers:
How to become an HPCL Officer
- The students of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Chemical stream with 4-yearfull-time Engineering degrees or the students in the final semester of branches mentioned above are eligible to apply.
- The minimum aggregate marks of all semesters candidate should have to apply are 60% (for General and OBC-NC category) and 50% (for SC / ST / PWD category).
- The age limit for General Category candidates is 25 years (Maximum) as on 30 June 2017 i.e. Birth date on or after 30 June 1992.
- Age relaxation for OBC (NonCreamy Layer) / SC / ST / PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Government of India directives.
- An interested candidate has to appear in the GATE examination to get the Job in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited at Officers Post.
- Only successful GATE 2017 candidates will be called for further selection process in a predetermined ratio in the order of the category-wise discipline-wise merit list.
HPCL Engineers gross salary
After successful selection in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited at Officers posts, he/she will be placed at IDA pay scale of E3 (24900-50500) grade. His/Her starting basic pay would be 24900 from the date of appointment in the company. He/She will also be eligible for D.A., H.R.A., and other perks & allowances. Here is the salary breakup for an HPCL Officer
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.12.2016)||29955|
|Perks (50% of Basic pay)||12450|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% of Basic pay plus DA)||6418|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||81193|
Other Facilities by HPCL
- Provident Fund
- Superannuation Benefit
- Retiral Benefits