HPCL Graduate engineers recruitment through GATE 2019

Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, a Navratna company under Government of India has issued advertisement for recruitment of officers through GATE 2019 exam scorecard. Interested candidates, from the Mechanical, Civil, and Chemical stream, have to fill GATE 2019 online exam application form for which registration already is already closed. The candidates who want to join HPCL can fill the online form from 15th Jan 2019 to 15 Feb 2019.


Eligibility Criteria

  • General & OBC Candidates must have the minimum 60% marks in the respective Engineering discipline. In the case of SC/ ST/ PWD categories candidates minimum mandatory percentage in graduation is 50 %.
  • Final year appearing engineering students can also eligible to apply for the officer Job in HPCL.
  • Minimum 25 years age limit as on 30 June 2019 is prescribed for the General category students. For OBC (Non-creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates relaxation is to be given as per government guidelines.

Education Qualification & GATE Paper code

DisciplineBranches Eligible to apply for the PostGATE Paper Code
MechanicalMechanical, Mechanical & ProductionME
ChemicalChemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical, Petroleum RefiningCH
CivilCivil EngineeringCE

The list of eligible engineering branches for the HPCL Officer post is shown in the above table. The candidates who are graduate in the combination of any of the above two streams are not eligible to apply for the job post. So candidates are advised to check their engineering subject before going to submit the online application through HPCL Official website.

Also, Candidates appearing in different Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering paper other than that of his branch of engineering will not be eligible for HPCL Officers Job. For an example candidate of Chemical Engineering, is appearing for Mechanical (ME) paper of GATE 2019, then he/she will not be shortlisted for further selection. HPCL officers job only GATE 2019 scorecard will be considered for selection in officer’s post. On the basis of marks obtained on GATE 2019 examination, candidates will be called for further selection procedure at HPCL.
You can check here the HPCL GATE 2018 cutoff for the interview round.

Selection procedure & criteria

The Civil, Mechanical and Chemical Engineers, who applied for the job through Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited website, will be shortlisted as per the category mentioned in the online application and on the basis of the number of vacancies, they would receive call letter for the further selection rounds from the company.

Check: HPCL GATE 2018 Cutoff

The Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited may organize a Group Task or Group Discussion which will be followed by a personal interview. All these tasks will have weight-age 15 % marks. Remaining 85% marks will be considered on the basis of individual performance GATE 2019 scorecard. Hence the GATE score is crucial to get selected as an officer in the Navaratna Company.

A candidate has to clear the cut off for the each round, a final merit list will be prepared on the basis of cumulative performance in the GATE 2019 score and GT/ and/ GD/ and Interview.

The top candidates will be appointed as an Officers in the various units of the HPCL. If you want to know about the CTC for engineers in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, you can check HPCL Officer salary post for detailed information.

Leave a Comment