The Professional Exam Board of Madhya Pradesh State has notified recruitment for the post of Forest Guards, in Forest Dev Corporation of Madhya Pradesh, through direct online applications. There are vacancies in 8 districts of the state for this post. Recruitment is based on the merit list of candidates, who meet the Physical efficiency and physical measurement standards, primarily based on the marks obtained in the written exam. The exam is conducted by Professional Exam board of Madhya Pradesh State.
MP Forest Guard Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be citizens of India(Citizens of Nepal are also allowed to apply as per rules)
- Age must be between 18 and 30 years. (Relaxation in age will be as per rules ) Permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh are allowed relaxation of age as per rules). Those candidates who are not residents of Madhya Pradesh cannot apply against reservation category of seats.
- Minimum qualifications: Candidates must have passed 10 + 2 or Higher secondary exam or equivalent of a recognized board
- Physical measurement standards: Please check the following table for more information.
|MP Forest Guard Minimum Height & Chest Criteria|
|Male (UR/ OBC/ SC )||163 CM||79 CM||84 CM|
|Male (ST)||152 CM||79 CM||84 CM|
|Female (ST)||145 CM||NA||NA|
|Physical Efficiency Test|
|Gender||Type of Event||Distance||Max Time Allowed|
|Male||Long Distance Walk||25 KM||4 Hours|
|Female||14 KM||4 Hours|
- Filling and submission of online application form along with a prescribed fee (500 rupees for unreserved category). Candidate must indicate the choice of the district. Only one district can be chosen by a candidate. Candidate with multiple applications will be disqualified.
- Candidate collects admit card online
- Candidates appear for written exam
- Based on performance in written exam, district wise merit list for physical measurement and physical efficiency test is made.
- Applicants appear for document verification, physical height and chest measurement and physical efficiency test (long walk) in the respective districts.
- The Final merit list and a waiting list of the candidates, who are successful in physical measurement and physical efficiency, is made on the basis of written exam marks district wise. Recruitment against vacancies starts from merit list (and waiting list) in each district.
While applying online candidates have to attach scan copies of color photograph and full signature in the prescribed template.
Candidates must attach scan copies of proof of date of birth, marks sheet of 12th, or 10th and caste certificate for reservation category if applicable.
Written Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The written exam will have 5 subjects, 100 marks each. Each right answer will fetch a mark. There will be no negative marking. Exam duration is two hours.
Written exam conducted in Chindwara, Sewani, Balagrahr, Mandla, Jabalpur, Umariya, Seedhi, and Khandwa. These are the districts where vacancies are existing for the post of Forest Guard. Written exam results will appear on the website.
- Paper 1: General knowledge,
- Paper 2: General Hindi
- Paper 3 : General English
- Paper 4: General Mathematics
- Paper 5: General Science
Written Exam Syllabus
The written exam tests language proficiency,( English and Hindi), general awareness, as well as knowledge of science and mathematics.
After final selection, the successful candidate appointed as Untrained Guard in the Forest Department. The MP Forest Guard Salary is around 25,000 per month after the 7th Pay commission.