Maharashtra Public service commission has issued the vacancy notification for engineering graduate for the post of Junior Engineer and Assistant Engineer post.
The MPSC job is among the top 10 best government jobs for engineers in India.
Number of Vacancy
The total number of posts advertised for the engineers are 137. The seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to the reserved class. The name of the post seats details as follows
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil-Water Resource Dept Class-I) – 07
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil-PWD Class-I) -06
- Assistant Engineer (Civil Class-I)- 21
- Assistant Engineer (Civil Class-II) – 100
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical Class-II) -03
All above vacancies are Gazetted Officers post in the Maharashtra government department.
The eligibility criteria consist of age limit, educational qualification, and compulsory language knowledge. Here we will see each one by one.
Candidate must be a graduate from government recognized university or college from following streams
- Civil and Water Management
- Civil and Environmental
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering / Technology
- Electrical and Power Engineering
- Electronics and Power Engineering
- Power System Engg
- Electrical and Electronics Engg
- Minimum age requirement: 18 Years
- The maximum age limit for the candidate is 38 years.
- The relaxation in the age limit applicable to the candidate belonging the SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Serviceman candidates.
Candidate must have sound knowledge of Marathi language.
The interested candidates have to appear in the 3 step examination process.
- Preliminary Examination (8th July 2018)
- Mains Examination (24 & 25th Nov 2018)
- Personal Interview
MPSC Apply online
Candidate can apply the post through official website of Maharashtra Public service commission. Here is the schedule of online application
- Start date of online application: 04 May 2018
- Closing Date of Online application: 24 may 2018
MPSC Engineering Service Salary
The Class-I officer will get higher pay package as compare the Group B post. So the candidate must try for the Class-I post. Here is the salary breakup for each post.
|Name of Post||6th CPC Pay Scale||Revised Basic Pay after 7th CPC||Gross Salary Per Month|
|Group A/Class-I Post||15600-39100 GP 5400||56100||67000-82000|
|Group B/Class-II Post||9300-34800 GP 4400||38400||46000-56000|