Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) companies are the primary select of every Engineer in India. Getting a job in a reputed PSU is just like a dream come true. The Government of India has given certain titles to several PSU companies out of which one of them is NAVRATNA. In Indian mythos, Navratna is an amalgamation of two words i.e. Nav (Nine) and Ratna (Gems). Consequently, Navratna means Nine Gems.
A company gets a Navratna status only if they achieve the following criteria:
- Grounded on the six structures that include net profit, net worth, total workforce cost, the total cost of production, the cost of services and Profit before Depreciation Interest and Taxes (PBDIT), a company must get a score of 60 out of 100.
- A company must embrace a Miniratna status.
- There should be four independent directors on its board at Miniratna level.
The list of Navratna companies is:
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
- Oil India Limited (OIL)
- Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCI)
There are many Government companies in India and fresh Engineering graduates may get confused when they would get two or more job choices at the same point in time. I would suggest you read the proper procedure to choose the best government PSU job.
The details of the each Navratna which includes eligibility, selection process, and pay structure are as follows:
BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED (BEL)
- The applicants holding B.Tech degree in the streams of Electronics & Telecommunication, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Civil and Chemical with minimum 70% marks and no backlogs are eligible.
- The aspirants will undergo three stages of the selection process that includes GATE exam / written test, Technical Interview and HR Interview.
Pay Scale & Perks
- The candidates will join the company as a Probationary Engineer in E-1 grade with pay scale of INR 16,400-40,500/- and 3% increment in basic pay every year.
- Besides basic pay, they will also enjoy Dearness Allowance (120.3% of basic pay), House Rent Allowance and other benefits such as Performance Related Pay, Provident Fund, Medical benefits, etc.
BHARAT PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED (BPCL)
- Students having Full Time B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering are eligible.
There are four phases of the selection process:
- The candidates must appear for GATE exam based on the result of which they will qualify for next stage of selection process.
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Final selection will be carried out based on Medical Fitness in Pre-Employment Medical Examination
Salary Structure and Allowances
- Successful applicants will be positioned as “Management Trainee” with a basic pay scale of INR 24,900-50,500/-.
- The company also offers Dearness Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Provident Fund, Gratuity, New Pension Scheme, medical facility, vehicle loan, etc. to their employees.
Read it also: BPCL Management Trainee Salary in hand
HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED (HPCL)
- Students having a full-time Engineering degree in the discipline of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication, Instrumentation, and Chemical are entitled to apply.
- The entrant must appear in GATE exam.
- Grounded on the result of GATE exam the qualified applicants will move on to the next stage of selection process.
Pay Structure, Perks, and Allowances
- The selected candidates will be on probation for one year with a basic pay scale of INR 24,900-50,500/-.
- Apart from basic pay, the employees can also enjoy Dearness Allowance of 120.3% of basic pay, House Rent Allowance and Cafeteria Approach that is 50% of basic pay.
- Additional benefits include Retiral Benefits (30% of basic pay & DA), Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, and Superannuation Benefit.
Read it also: HPCL Engineers salary in hand,
POWERGRID CORPORATION OF INDIA
- Students with B.Tech degree in the discipline of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science are eligible.
- Appearance in GATE exam is a must for every applicant because based on the result of GATE paper the applicants will qualify for the next stage of the selection process that is group discussion & personal interview.
Gross Salary & other Benefits
- Selected candidates will receive a basic pay scale of INR 24,900-50,500/-.
- Apart from basic scale, the employees will also receive Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Cafeteria Approach (49% of basic pay).
- The employees also get other benefits as well such as Performance Related Pay, Conveyance Reimbursement, Medical facilities, group insurance, Gratuity, etc.
Read it also: PGCIL ET Gross Salary
HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED (HAL)
- Students consuming a full-time Engineering degree in the discipline of Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical and Civil are eligible.
- HAL will utilize GATE result for the recruitment process. Thus, the applicants must appear in GATE exam.
- Candidates who will succeed GATE paper will be permitted to attend the personal interview in the ratio of 1:5.
- The candidates who want their name to be listed in the final merit list must get minimum 85% marks in GATE and 15% marks in personal interview.
Gross Salary and Allowances
- The entrance level post will be Engineers in Grade-II who will be getting a basic pay scale of INR 16,400-40,500/-.
- Apart from basic pay, they will also receive Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Provident Fund (12% of basic pay+DA), Employee Pension Scheme (12% of basic pay+DA) and gratuity.
- Other benefits include Performance Related Pay, Productivity Incentives, Leave Encashment, free medical facilities, etc.
MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED (MTNL)
- Engineers with B.Tech Degree in Electronics & Telecommunication, Computer Science & Information Technology, Electrical, and Civil are eligible.
- First, the applicants should appear in the GATE paper.
- The candidates will be then called for document verification after getting shortlisted in the descending order of merit based on the result of GATE
- Final appointment is given after the successful verification of document.
Salary Structure, and Allowances
- During the training period, the selected candidates will get a stipend of INR 17,000/-.
- After the training period, the candidates will get a basic pay scale of INR 20,600-46,500/-.
- Besides pay scale, the candidates will also enjoy Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, medical facilities, Gratuity, Provident Fund, etc.
Read it also: MTNL JTO Salary
NATIONAL ALUMINIUM COMPANY LIMITED (NALCO)
- The applicants with a B.Tech degree in the discipline of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Chemical are eligible.
- The applicants must appear for GATE exam because NALCO will use the result of GATE paper for the recruitment.
- The final phase of the selection process will be a personal interview.
Pay Structure, Perks, and Allowances
- Throughout the first year, the candidates will receive a basic pay scale of INR 16,400-3%-40,500/-.
- After the training, they will be promoted to the post of Jr. Manager with a pay scale of INR 24,900-3%-50,500/-.
- The candidates will also relish Dearness Allowance, Cafeteria Approach and House Rent Allowance other than basic pay.
- Additional benefits comprise medical facility, Contributory Fund, Gratuity, etc.
OIL INDIA LIMITED (OIL)
- Students with full-timeBachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Full-Time post-graduation degree in Geology and Full-Time post-graduation degree in Geophysics are eligible.
- The candidates should appear for GATE exam.
- Based on the result of GATE paper, the students will be shortlisted for next stage of selection process, which is a personal interview.
Salary Structure, Perks, and Allowances
- During theTrainingperiod, Engineers as Executive Trainee will get a secure stipend of INR 25,000 per month.
- After the successful completion of the training, they will be promoted to Executive Grade B in the pay scale of INR 24,900-50,500/-.
- Apart from basic pay, they will also receive Dearness Allowance, Cafeteria Approach, and House Rent Allowance.
- Other benefits include Leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc.
Read it also: Oil India Limited Executive Trainee Salary
SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED (SCI)
- The students with a B.E. / B.Tech Degree in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering are eligible
- An All India Online Test will be conducted for the eligible
- Based on the result of All India Online Test the candidates will be shortlisted for the personal interview, which is the final stage of the selection process.
Payment Structure, Perks, and Allowances
- The successful applicants will be placed in the pay scale of INR 20,600-46,500/-.
- Apart from basic pay, the candidates will also enjoy Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and other benefits as well such as Performance Related Pay, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc.
Apart from these nine companies, the Government of India incorporated other eight companies in the list whose brief description is mentioned in the table below.
|Name of Navratna PSU||Min. Qualification||Branches Eligible||Selection Process||Pay Scale|
|Engineers India Limited (EIL)||B.Tech||CE, ME, IE, EE||Open Competition, PI||20,600 - 46,500|
|Container Corporation of India (CONCOR)||B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Online Test, GD, PI||20,600 - 46,500|
|National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)||B.Tech||Civil Engineering||GATE, PI||16,400 - 40,500|
|National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)||B.Tech||ME, EE, CE, CS, ECE, IE||WE, GD, PI||20,600 - 46,500|
|Neyveli Lignite Corporation||B.Tech||ME, EE, ECE, CE, IE, MiE, CS||GATE, PI||20,600 - 46,500|
|Power Finance Corporation||B.Tech||CS, FINANCE||PI||24900 - 50,500|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited||B.Tech||EE, ECE, CSE, IT ME||WE, PI||20,600 - 46,500|
|Rural Electrification Corporation||B.Tech||EE||PI||9,300 - 34,800|