Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited is a well-known CPSE which design, install, operate, and maintain the nuclear power plants in India. As per the NPCIL official website, the Company is managing total 22 Nuclear Power Plants with a total capacity of 6780MW.
The Company reports to the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), GoI. It has come into existence in the year 1987. In this post, we will see the salary details of the newly recruited Graduate Engineer Trainee or Scientific Officer/C after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission.
NPCIL Salary after 7th CPC
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited mainly recruits the Graduate Engineers of Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Instrumentation and Civil Engineers for the post of Scientific Officer ‘C’. Unlike the many other CPSE, the NPCIL still follows the Central Dearness Allowances Pay Pattern which was revised from 01.012016. The next pay revision will be revised10 years after the last one and it will be applicable from 01.01.2026.
If you check my earlier post on BARC Scientist Salary after 7th CPC, the NPCIL also follow same post level and pay structure which is shown here for reference.
|Post Name||7th CPC Pay Matrix Level||Old Pay Scale||Revised Basic Pay|
|Scientific Officer/ C||10||15,600 – 39,100 GP 5400||56,100|
|Scientific Officer/ D||11||15,600 – 39,100 GP 6600||67,700|
|Scientific Officer/ E||12||15,600 – 39,100 GP 7600||78,800|
|Scientific Officer/ F||13||37,400 – 67,000 GP 8700||1,18,500|
|Scientific Officer/ G||13A||37,400 – 67,000 GP 8900||1,31,100|
|Scientific Officer/ H||14||37,400 – 67,000 GP 10000||1,44,200|
|OS (Outstanding Scientist)||15||67,000 – 79,000||1,82,200|
|DS (Distinguished Scientist)||16||75,500 – 80,000||2,05,400|
As you know that engineers recruited in the NPCIL through GATE scorecard which is followed by personal interview round. The successful candidates have to appear in the Training or probation for the period of One Year in which they may be posted in any power plant or project unit. The Corporation will provide the monthly stipend of Rs 35,000/- per month and they also get the one-time book allowance Rs 10,000/-. The trainee also gets free accommodation during the probation period.
After the successful training, the Executive Trainee will be appointed as a Scientific Officer C in the level 10 of revised pay matrix which is applicable from 01.01.2016.
The details of the salary of newly appointed NPCIL Scientific Officer C shown here in the below table.
|Post Name||Executive Trainee/ Scientific Officer C|
|Cadre||Group A (Non-Gazetted)|
|HRA||4,488 OR 8,976 OR 13,464|
|City Conveyance Allowance||2,620 OR 5,780|
|Family Planning Allowance (If applicable)||550|
|Performance Linked Incentive Scheme for Scientific Officer||26,367 (Max)|
|Professional Update Allowance||625 Per Month|
|Gross Salary Per Month||Rs 96,877/- to 1,13,426/-|
If we add all these, the minimum salary of an NPCIL Executive Trainee would be Rs 96,877/- per month after the 7th Pay Commission. Apart from the above, the NPCIL scientist will also get the following facility from the Company.
Scientific Officer C Facilities
- Leave Travel Concession for Hometown or All India Vist (Once in a two year) Encashment for employee & dependents.
- An employee can encash his/her Leave days those are not availed.
- Medical Facility at CHSS Rates for the employee & his/her Dependents.
- Education Facility for the NPCIL Employees children within the township of Plant or project.
- Children Education Assistance
- Reimbursement of Cable TV Charges (Maximum up to 250 Per Month)
- Reimbursement of Mobile Phone Charges
- Reimbursement of Electricity Charges/Free Electricity Units (60 Units for person posted on a Project site Duty and 160 Units for the employee work in the HQ)
- Reimbursement of News Paper Charges (Maximum up to Rs 150 per Month)
- Reimbursement of Membership fees for Professional Institution
- Canteen Subsidy of Rs 1270/- per Month
- Subsidized home loan facility up to Rs 20 Lakh
- Subsidized General purpose loan of Rs 3 Lakh.
- Employees Provident Fund
- Post-Retirement Medical Care
- Benevolent Fund
- Group Insurance
- Canteen Subsidy Rs.1270/- per month
- Casual Leave: 8 Days in a year
- Earned Leave: 30 Days in a Calendar Year (These leaves can be encashed)
- Half Pay Leave: 20 Days in a year
- Paid Maternity Leave of 180 Days
- Paid Paternity leave of 15 days