Recently NTPC circulated a recruitment notice for Engineering Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 examination. It is the best job for newly recruited engineers which provides you best CTC in the power sector. I will share the salary structure, perks, allowances & other facilities available to Executive Trainees working in the company.
National Thermal Power Corporation, a Maharatna company, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) company. It is the largest power producing company in India with power generating capacity of 45,548 MW. In 2014, it made its place with a rank of 424 in the Forbes Global 2000. NTPC operates from over 55 locations in India, one in Sri Lanka and two in Bangladesh under eight regional headquarters.
How to Become ET in NTPC
The students with Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in the discipline of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Electronics, and Instrumentation with minimum marks of 65% can apply for this post. The candidates who are in the final year/semester in streams mentioned above are also eligible to apply. The upper age of the candidate shall be 27 years as on 31.01.2017.
- Eligible candidates should appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017.
- The candidates will qualify to appear in Online Aptitude Test based on the marks obtained in GATE-2017.
- The result of Online Aptitude test will be used to shortlist the candidates for the group discussion.
- The candidates who will qualify the group discussion stage will further appear for personal interview.
- The candidates who want their name to appear in the merit list must secure minimum marks in both group discussion and personal interview.
The selected candidates will go for one-year training at various places. After the completion of the training, the performance of the candidates will decide their place of posting.They can be placed anywhere in the country in any projects, stations or offices.
NTPC ET pay Scale
Successful candidates will be appointed as Executive Trainee at IDA pay scale of E2 (24900-50500) grade. The starting basic pay of the candidates will be 25650. Here is the salary breakup
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.12.2016)||30857|
|Perks (47% of Basic pay)||12056|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7695|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% of Basic pay plus DA)||6781|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||83039|
House Rent Allowances
NTPC also provides House Rent Allowances to their employees. The HRA depends on the area where the employee currently lives i.e. in which class of city they resides. In India, all cities are divided into classes namely Class A, Class A1, Class B1, Class B2 and Class C. Therefore; the HRA are different in different categories of the city. The table below clarifies this point:
|City Class||Percentage of Basic Pay|
Perks, Allowances & Other Facilities
- Performance Related Pay
- Children Education Allowance
- Medical benefits
- Travel Allowance
- Field Compensatory Allowance
- Car loan facility
- Computer Loan
- Leave Encashment
- Group Insurance
- Contributory Provident Fund