Oil India Limited is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) oil and natural gas company possessed and managed by the Government of India. The Government of India honored it with the status of Navratna Company. It falls beneath the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas. It was brought into being on 18 February 1959. Duliajan in the Indian state of Assam serves as the headquarter of the company and the corporate offices are positioned at Noida and New Delhi-NCR region. The company primarily deals in products such as crude oil, natural gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).
OIL often circulates recruitment notice stating the need of Executive Trainee for Engineering Graduates in Mechanical Engineering and Post Graduates in Geology and Geophysics in the company. This article includes the whole enchilada about the post of Executive Trainee in OIL.
At first, the Executive Trainee goes through vigorous training. During training, they became aware of the company rules, goals & operations. They are placed in various departments on a rotational basis to learn the work nature of the departments. They should gain knowledge in Business Administration, help company meet their demand & supply and understand marketing aspects such as public relation, client relation, and advertisement.
Salary Structure of OIL Executive Trainee
- The candidates will receive a fixed stipend of ₹60,000 during the training
- After the training period, the candidates will be re-designated to Executive Grade B with a basic pay of ₹63,660 in the IDA pay scale of ₹60,000-₹1,80,00.
- Here is the the full salary details received by a newly appointed graduate engineers in Navaratna Company.
|Oil India Limited Executive Trainees Salary after 3rd PRC|
|Post Type||Group – A/ Class – I|
|Pay Scale||60,000 – 1,80,000|
|Initial Basic Pay||63,660|
|Minimum Monthly Gross Salary in Rs||1,12,060|
Perks, Allowances, and Other Benefits
Apart from Basic Pay, employees of OIL also enjoy perks & Allowances such as:
- Dearness Allowance (D.A.)
- House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.)
- Other perquisites under cafeteria approach
- Leave Encashment
- Medical facility for self and family
- Provident Fund
The applicants need to carry any one of the cited qualifications:
- Full time 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering and Technology with minimum 65% marks documented by AICTE.
- Full time 2 years Post Graduate Degree in Geology (minimum 60% grades) with mathematics in graduation recognized by UGC.
- Full time 2 years Post Graduate Degree in Geophysics with minimum 60% marks documented by UGC.
- Final year/Final semester students are also entitled to apply with a condition that they will produce their Bachelor’s Degree during the time of Interview.
- Eligible candidates must apply and appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), conducted every year.
- Based on the scorecard of GATE, the applicants will be further shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process that is Personal Interview.
- Candidates need to qualify by attaining minimum marks separately in GATE and Personal interview to get their name sensed in the final merit list.
Training & Placement
The candidates who got their name listed in the merit list will be invited to undergo one year of Training which may be increased based on his/her performance. The successful candidates can be placed across the country as per the company requirements. Some locations are mentioned below:
- Duliajan, Assam
- New Delhi-NCR
Other Important Information
- Only Indian Nationals are qualified to apply.
- The applicants must pass out from recognized Indian University/Institute recognized by AICTE.
- The candidate must produce the original GATE score card at the time of Personal Interview.