Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is a Maharatna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) multinational oil and gas company underneath the Government of India. It was brought into being on 14 August 1956. The company headquarter is situated at Dehradun in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. With 33,560 number of employees presently salaried, it is the leading Oil and Gas production company of India. The corporation predominantly deals in products such as Crude oil, Gas, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Naphtha, C2-C3 and Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO). In the year 2016, the company engendered a revenue of ₹1,39,364.35 crore with a profit of ₹14,300.93 crore. In 2015, the company was enumerated in the prestigious Fortune Global 500 with a rank of 449. Among top 250 Global Energy Companies by Platts, ONGC got a rank of 17.
Not long ago ONGC dispersed a recruitment notice for the post of Graduate Trainees. This article edifies everything about the post of Graduate Trainees at ONGC.
- Assistant Executive Engineer Job Description
Now let us discuss the work nature of Graduate Trainees in the company. Graduate Trainees (GET) is the primary designation that a Graduate Engineers get in any corporation. At first, they endure vigorous training for 6 to 12 months. During this period, they are positioned in different departments to fathom the nature and procedure of the work the company does and gain experience. After the training, the Graduate Trainees are assessed grounded on their performance throughout the training period and then is promoted. Their designation vicissitudes from Graduate Engineers to Employee of the company.
Pay Structure of Graduate Engineer
The Trainees will receive a basic pay of ₹24,900/- under the IDA pay scale of ₹24,900 – ₹50,500/- with an increment of 3% every single year.
Perks & Allowances
Following are the perks & Allowances the Trainees will enjoy:
- Dearness Allowance (100% of basic pay)
- Cafeteria Approach (49% of basic pay)
- Performance Related Pay (based on the employer’s performance)
- House Rent Allowance (varies with posting place)
- 30% for Class A city
- 20% for Class B city
- 10% for Class C city
Here is the Gross salary break up for the newly recruited Assistant Executive Engineers at Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|Initial Basic Pay||24900|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.12.2016)||29955|
|Perks (47% of Basic Pay)||11703|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% of Basic pay plus DA)||6418|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||80446|
Apart from basic pay, Perks & Allowance, it provides several other benefits to their employees such as:
- Car Conveyance (₹10,000/- per month)
- Medical Benefits for self and family
- Mining Allowance
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Post Retirement Benefit Scheme
- Composite Social Security Scheme
ONGC ET Job Requirements
The applicants can apply for the post of Graduate Trainees at ONGC only if they achieve minimum grades of 60% in the disciplines listed below:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Telecom Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
- Auto Engineering
- The candidates must apply and appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) but only if they meet the essential qualification constraint.
- Based on the result of GATE the candidates will be authorized for the next and final stage of the selection process that is Personal Interview.
- Final Merit list of the applicants will be released based on their performance in the Personal Interview.
The selected students can be placed in any Office / Basin / Asset / Plants situated in India and Abroad. Some of them are listed below:
- Dehradun (Headquarter)
- New Delhi
- Navi Mumbai