PGCIL Executive Trainee recruitment through GATE 2017
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited a Navratna Company recently issued advertisement number Advt. CC/05/2016 dated 13.09.2016, for the recruitment of Executive Trainees (ET) through GATE 2017. B.E./B.Tech passed out or final year students of Electrical, Civil, Electronics & Computer Science or IT streams.
Interested candidates have to appear in GATE 2017 examination for which online form filling has already been started. The valid score of following streams is the must for recruitment in PGCIL.
|Name of Post||GATE 2017 paper code|
Candidates also have to fill the online application through its official website during the period from 15Feb2017 to 15 March 2017.
- Age limit: Minimum age limit is 18 years & upper age limit is 28 years 31.12.2016. Relaxation in upper age limit to OBC/SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM/J&K Domiciled will be given as per government of India directives.
- Education Qualification: Final year students who are expecting their results on or before 14.08.2017 are also eligible for the vacancy in PGCIL.
|Stream||Name of branches allowed||Minimum marks in B. E. /B. Tech.|
|Electrical||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ |
Power Engineering (Electrical)
|65% or equivalent CGPA|
|Electronics||Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg||65% or equivalent CGPA|
|Civil||Civil Engineering||65% or equivalent CGPA|
|Computer Science||Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ |
|65% or equivalent CGPA|
The whole selection process is divided into three parts
- GATE 2017 valid score card: The weightage for the score is 85%. It means high GATE score will increase your selection chances in this Navratna PSU. GATE qualified engineers will further shortlist as per the number of vacancy position available in the company.
- Group Discussion: The weightage marks for GD is 3% only. And one more important point is that there is no minimum qualifying marks for Group discussions.
- Personal Interview: After the group discussion, personal interview round will be there for final selection. Weightage for this section is 12%. Qualifying marks for personal interview will be 40% & 30% for unreserved category & unreserved category respectively.
For the final selection, aggregate marks of all section qualified candidates will be calculated & a merit list will be prepared. Top candidates in respective streams will be considered for final appointment in PGCIL.
Executive Trainees salary in hand & Pay scale
Selected candidates will be fixed on revised pay scale 24900-50500. The starting basic of Graduate Engineers will be 24900. The approximate CTC during training period will be 8.5 lakhs & after training, it will be around 14.9 lakhs. Here is the breakup of Gross salary in hand-
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|Initial Basic Pay||24900|
|DA ( 120.3% of Basic pay as on 01.08.2016)||29955|
|Perks (49% of Basic Pay)||12201|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|EPF (Employers contribution 12% of Basic pay plus DA)||6418|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||80944|
Here is the detailed post on https://bsnljtoje.com/pgcil-executive-trainee-salary-in-hand-pay-scale/PowerGrid ETs salary in hand. Apart from above benefits following facilities also will be provided to newly recruited executives of the company
- Location Allowances
- Performance related pay
- Telephone/Mobile facility
- Conveyance Reimbursement
- Medical facilities, Group Insurance
- Superannuation benefits
- Short and Long term Loans & Advances
Read it also the other PSUs vacancy for engineers through GATE 2017:
- BSNL JTO vacancy for Engineers
- HPCL Officers vacancy for engineers
- ONGC vacancy for B.E./B.Tech candidates
- MDL ET vacancy for Mechanical & Electrical
- BHEL ET Vacancy
- IOCL Engineers Job
- BEML MT vacancy notification
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Graduate Engineer Vacancy
Bond period & service agreement
The newly appointed executives have to sign the bond agreement of Rs 100000/- (Rs 50000/- for SC/ST/PwD category) to serve the company for the period of 3 years.
I have explained each & every point of PGCIL Executive Trainee recruitment. In case you have any query, please feel free to comment below.