Power Grid Corporation of India Limited a Navratna Company recently issued advertisement number Advt. Advt. No. CC /07/2018 dated. 03.09.2018, for the recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2019 scorecard. B.E./B.Tech passed out or final year students of Electrical, Civil, and Electronics streams.
Interested candidates have to appear in GATE 2019 examination for which online form filling has already been started. The valid score of following streams is the must for recruitment in PGCIL.
Candidates also have to fill the online application through its official website during the period from 15 Jan 2019 to 15 Feb 2019.
|Activity||PGCIL ET Through GATE 2019|
|Start Date of Online Application||15 Jan 2019|
|Last Date of Online Form||15 Feb 2019|
- Age limit: Minimum age limit is 18 years & upper age limit is 28 years 31.12.2018. Relaxation in upper age limit to OBC/SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM/J&K Domiciled will be given as per government of India directives.
- Education Qualification: Final year students who are expecting their results on or before 14.08.2019 are also eligible for the vacancy in PGCIL.
Eligible Engineering Streams
|Discipline||Branches Eligible to apply for the Post||GATE Paper Code|
Electronics & Communication/
Electronics & Telecommunication /
Electronics & Electrical Communication /
The applicants of above said engineering branches must have 65% Marks in the graduation or equivalent CGPA grades.
Number of Vacancies
The total number of vacancy for the various engineering streams not yet notified by the Power Grid management.
The whole selection process is divided into three parts
- GATE 2017 valid score card: The weightage for the score is 85%. It means high GATE score will increase your selection chances in this Navratna PSU. GATE qualified engineers will further shortlist as per the number of vacancy position available in the company.
- Group Discussion: The weightage marks for GD is 3% only. And one more important point is that there are no minimum qualifying marks for Group discussions.
- Personal Interview: After the group discussion, personal interview round will be there for final selection. Weightage for this section is 12%. Qualifying marks for personal interview will be 40% & 30% for unreserved category & unreserved category respectively.
|Weightage Marks Criteria|
|Selection Process||GATE Marks & Personal Interview|
|GATE Marks (Out of 100)||85%|
|Personal Interview Marks||12%|
|Total Marks for Final Selection||100%|
For the final selection, aggregate marks of all section qualified candidates will be calculated & a merit list will be prepared. Top candidates in respective streams will be considered for final appointment in PGCIL.
Executive Trainees salary in hand & Pay scale
Selected candidates will be fixed on revised pay scale 60,000 – 1,80,000. The starting basic of these Graduate Engineers will be 60,000. The approximate per month salary during training period will be 1,15,000 after appointmen the CTC will be around 15 lakhs. You can follow the link to check more about PGCIL Executive Trainee Salary.
Apart from above benefits following facilities also will be provided to newly recruited Executive Engineer of the company
- Location Allowances
- Performance related pay
- Telephone/Mobile facility
- Conveyance Reimbursement
- Medical facilities, Group Insurance
- Superannuation benefits
- Short and Long term Loans & Advances
Bond period & service agreement
The newly appointed executives have to sign the bond agreement of Rs 5,00,000/- (Rs 2,50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD category) to serve the company for the period of 3 years.
I have explained each & every point of PGCIL Executive Trainee recruitment. In case you have any query, please feel free to comment below.
PDCIL ET Notification downloadPGCIL ET Recruitment Through GATE 2019
PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited has issued the vacancy notification for the experienced engineering professional for the post of Engineer in the Telecom department.
The PGCIL is a Navratna company whose total turnover is 26581 Crore and profit after Tax is 7520 for the fiscal year 2016-17. It is the one of the largest Power Transmission Company in the world. No doubt the PowerGrid job is one of the best government jobs for engineers in India.
Number of Vacancy
As per the official advertisement, the notification is issued for the total 10 post in the E2A grade of Pay Scale 24900-50500. Following is the category wise seat distribution
- Total Posts: 10
- General: 05
- OBC (NCL): 03
- SC: 01
- ST: 01
Full Time BE/ B.Tech./B.Sc.Engg. in Electronics & Telecommunication discipline or equivalent degree from the Government of India recognized university/College with minimum 60% marks.
The Candidates who possess M.Tech. or M.E. qualification from a recognized University or College will be preferred in the final selection.
Engineering Branches allowed
- Electronics & Telecommunications
- Electronics & Communications
- Electronics & Electrical Communications
Post Qualification Experience
A candidate Should have a post qualification experience of Three years in the Executive/Gazetted Officer Cadre out of which at least Two years in the following pay scale:
IDA Pay Scale: INR 20600 – 46500 (Pre-Revised)
A Govt Employee candidate should be holding Gazetted Post (at least Gr-B)
The candidate working in the Private sector should be in receipt of minimum CTC of Rs. 53600/- excluding medical, Leave encashment and employer’s contribution towards Social Security every month for 2 years.
Maximum age requirement: 33 Years as on 31.05.2018
The relaxation in the age limit applicable to the candidate belonging the SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Serviceman candidates.
Details are here under
- SC/ST Candidate: 38 Years
- OBC (NCL) Candidate: 36 Years
- PWD & J&K Domicile/Ex-Servicemen Candidates: As per Govt rules
- Documents Verification
- Written Test (If required, to restrict the number candidates to be called for Personal Interview)
- Personal Interview
- A candidate has to pay a non-refundable fee of 500/- during online application.
- SC/ST/PwD/Ex-Serviceman are exempted from the above-mentioned fee.
The interested and eligible Candidate can apply the post of Engineer through official website of PowerGrid Corporation. Here is the schedule of online application
Start date of online application: 09 May 2018
Closing Date of Online application: 31 may 2018
PGCIL Engineer Telecom Salary
As per official advertisement, after successful appointment, the candidate will be appointed as Engineer in the Telecom Department in the Pre-Revised IDA pay scale of 24900-50500. The below table represents the salary breakup of these executives. You can check the PowerGrid Salary for Engineers, perks, allowances and facilities extended to executives.
|Salary Component||Amount in Rs|
|Initial Basic Pay||24900|
|HRA (30% for Metro city)||7470|
|Total Gross Salary in Rs||83033|
The total CTC per annum would be 15.0 Lacs.