SAIL MT Gross salary per month, job profile, posting locations
Steel Authority of India Limited is one of the largest Maharatna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Company owned by the Government of India. It is the 24th largest steel producing company in the world. New Delhi serves as the Headquarters of the company. It was instituted on 19 January 1954 with over 85,145 employees currently working in the company. SAIL chiefly deals in products such as Steel, flat steel products, long steel products, wire products, wheel &axle for Indian Railways and plates. In the fiscal year 2014-15, the company engendered an annual turnover of ₹50,627 crore with net profit of ₹2,093 crore. In the same fiscal year, the total assets and the total equity of the corporation were tallied to be ₹99,326 crore and ₹41,306 crore respectively. There are five Main steel plants and four special plants under SAIL.
SAIL circulates recruitment notice for the post of Management Trainee (Technical & Administration) for young, spirited and worthy Engineering Graduates. Let us see what is there for the Engineering Graduates as a Management Trainee in SAIL.
Who are Management Trainees? What are their roles in any company?
I know these two questions would be the most important questions running inside your head right now.
The company places newly recruited Management Trainees in any department so that they can team up with the currently experienced manager to grasp knowledge on how to direct any operation. They are required to gain knowledge on company policies, client services, company goals and numerous other important services. All Management Trainees should possess two important qualities to survive:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
SAIL MT Salary Structure
During the training period, of 1 year, the management Trainees will enjoy a basic pay of ₹20,600/- under the IDA pay scale of ₹20,600-3%-₹46,500/-. After the Training period, they will be designated as Junior Engineers with the same pay scale. Apart from basic pay, the employees will likewise enjoy Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Leave Encashment, Medical facility, and numerous other benefits. The below table will explain the various components of gross salary received by an Executive.
|Component||Amount in Rs|
|DA (120.3 as on 01.12.2016)||24782|
|Perk (46% )||9476|
|HRA (30% for Metro City)||6180|
|EPF (12% by Employer)||5446|
|Total Gross Salary Per Month||66484|
The minimum qualification that SAIL needs from their applicants are:
- MT (Technical): Full-time Bachelor Degree in Engineering with a minimum grade of 65% in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Electronics & Instrumentation, Ceramics, Civil, Computer Science, Mining or Chemical Engineering. Master of Computer Applications (MCA) students with minimum 65% marks is eligible to apply.
- MT (Administration): Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 60% marks and MBA/PG diploma management with minimum 60% grades in Human Resources / Personnel Management & Industrial Relations / Personnel Management / Masters in Human Resources & Organizational Development for HR discipline, Marketing for Marketing discipline and Production / Operations / Materials / Logistics / Supply Chain Management for Materials discipline.
The applicants applying for the post of Management Trainee will undergo several selection processes that include:
- The applicants must apply and appear for written examination
- Grounded on the result of written examination, the qualified candidates will be allowable to appear in the next stages of the selection process that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Final Merit list will be prepared by combining the results of written examination, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview with the passing ratio of 75:10:15.
MT Posting Places
The candidates who have their name sensed in the merit list can be placed in any of the 5 Main steel plants and 4 special plants, the names of which is mentioned in the subsequent points:
Main Steel Plants
- Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh
- Rourkela Steel Plant, Rourkela, Odisha
- Durgapur Steel Plant, Durgapur, West Bengal
- Bokaro Steel Plant, Bokaro, Jharkhand
- IISCO Plant, Burnpur, West Bengal
- Alloy Steel Plant, Durgapur, West Bengal
- Salem Steel Plant, Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Limited, Bhadravathi, Karnataka
- Ferro Alloy Plant, Chandrapur, Maharashtra