Bihar state power holding has been continuously offering tremendous opportunities for all the eligible candidates. The company keeps inviting various applications for junior engineer and assistant engineer and various other posts.
Here we will check the salary in hand for the Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical Engineering) in the Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited and following subsidiaries under it
- South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd.(SBPDCL),
- Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd. (BSPTCL)
- North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (NBPDCL), &
- Bihar State Power Generation Company Limited (BSPGCL)
BSPHCL Asst & Jr. Engineer Salary
The lowest post in officers cadre is of Junior Engineer. He/she directly works under AE. The AE works under Deputy Executive Engineer or Executive Engineer depending on the post hierarchy or availability of officers.
The below table is showing the in hand monthly salary data of JE, AE, EE and GM post the Bihar State Power Holding Company and it’s subsidiary companies.
|Post Name||Pre-Revised Pay Scale & Grade Pay||6th CPC Initial Basic Pay||7th CPC Initial Basic Pay||Stipend During Training||Gross Salary Per Month|
|Junior Engineer (JE)||9300-34800 GP 4700||15490||40600||25900||50000-60000|
|Assistant Engineer (AE)||15600- 39100 GP 5500||21100||56300||36800||68000-85000|
|Executive Engineer (EE)||15600-39100 GP 6650||26180||69900||NA||85000-105000|
|Dy General Manager (GM)||37400-67000 GP 8700||46100||118500||NA||145000-180000|
|General Manager (GM)||37400-67000 GP 9500||52890||143900||NA||175000-215000|
The above table has the salary details of the most common post. This pay is actually for the directly recruited officer recruited against the post shown here. If someone gets promoted to the post, then he/she will get higher salary than represented here due to work experience/service completion in the previous grade.
Both Assistant Engineers as well as Junior Engineer have to appear in the one-year training program of the Company. During the training, the Company pays a fixed amount.
After the successful completion of the training, they are appointed as Junior Engineer (Diploma Holders) and Assistant Engineers (Through GATE).
Now we will give you some necessary details related to job profile and responsibilities associated with both these posts.
Junior engineer in Electrical and Civil
Junior engineer is an entry position for freshers. They work under the supervision of their superiors. Junior engineers don’t have a liberty to make any decisions related to any work techniques or systems.
Some key duties performed by Junior engineers are:
- He is responsible for checking and testing of specific meters under this department.
- He is also responsible for identifying the problems and helps their superiors in finding the appropriate solutions.
- He is accountable concerning their skills and knowledge related to project organization, scientific investigation, etc.
- He can organize, devise and ensure engineering arrangements and their divisions.
- He can execute and precise engineering proposal computations.
Assistant engineer is a professional whose professions can work in a variety of engineering industries. He also assists engineers working on a large scale and helps in creating a large team of engineers to complete a project.
Some essential duties performed by Assistant engineers are:
- He is responsible for determining engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests.
- Helps in building and analyzing models and simulations conducting laboratories for experiments and measurements.
- His primary duty is to meet with costs standards by preparing costs benefits tracking and reporting expenses,
- Helps in resolving all kinds of problems like the modification of research techniques, the adaptation of new techniques, preparing drawings, etc.
- His primary duty is to prepare the guidelines by describing operational and testing procedures to their subordinates.
How to join BSPHCL
Bihar state power holding company limited is a state-owned regulation board within the state of Bihar. Every year BSPHCL recruit assistant engineers through GATE exam. So, its better you focus on GATE first if you want to get considered for the job posts.
FOR Junior Electrical Engg. post
To join BSPHCL as a junior electrical engineer, you have some exceptional skills and abilities, and you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of this posts which is:
- Full time three years diploma in electrical engineering from a recognized university.
- Alternatively, B.tech in electrical engineers from the recognized university.
- GATE Score Card
For Assistant Engineer Post
Moreover, for an assistant engineer post, you must have fulfilled eligibility criteria and age limit.
- Full-time 4-year degree in any engineering from a recognized university
- Age limit must be between 18-37 years.
- Having experience of at least one year in this department
- GATE Score Card
Hope all information provided is beneficial for you which clear all your doubts. For more information related to the job posts, respective roles, job profile, and responsibilities, stay tuned with us.