Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the recruitment of Constable- General Duty, in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) through all India competitive selection process. (Direct Recruitment). Revised application date from 24th July 2018. CAPFs include BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, ITBP, NIA, SSF as well as Assam Rifles.
Common Responsibilities of Central Armed Police Forces include:
- Enforcement of law and order under adverse conditions and Providing security and protection for human lives and critical public assets, infrastructure as well as natural resources,
- Ensuring strong response to insurgency and civil disturbance, and Quick response to terrorist acts and sabotage
- Providing security cover to constitutional functionaries and VIPs
- Ensure fast response to natural and other calamities(during earthquake flood etc): preventing loss of lives, conduct relief, and rescue work
- Providing armed response to militancy and extremism and
- Patrolling national borders, ensuring the security of border villages, and integrity and security of the borders
SSC General Duty Constable Salary
Recently I have shared one post about the BSF Salary of various post. Like BSF other armed forces CISF, CRPF, NIA & SSF, and AR follow the same scale of patterns for the various ranks in the security departments. The lowest post in these reputed organizations is the General Duty Constable whose pre-revised basic pay is 8460.
As we all know that 7th CPC has been implemented in most of the Central Government organizations hence the pay of security forces too increased. The following table represents the salary from Constable to Commandant post in the tabular form.
|Post Name||Pre-Revised Pay Scale|
|6th CPC Initial Basic Pay||7th CPC Initial Basic Pay||Gross Salary Per Month|
|Constable||5200-20200||2000||8460||21700||27000 – 35000|
|Asstt Sub Inspector (ASI)||2800||11360||29200||36500-48000|
|SI||9300-34800||4200||13500||35400||45000 – 55000|
|Ispector||4600||17140||44900||55000 – 70000|
|Subedar Major||4800||17340||47600||60000 – 75000|
|Assistant Commandant||15600-39100||5400||21000||56100||70000 – 86000|
|Deputy Commandant||6600||25350||67700||82000 – 103000|
|Second-in-Command||7600||29500||78800||96000 – 120000|
|Commandant||37400-67000||8700||49100||118500||145000 – 180000|
GD Constable Job Profile
The job duties could differ considerably based on the choice of the force and the posting.
The CAPFs refers to seven different security forces under the control and direction of Home Ministry of Govt of India: ( AR: Assam Rifles, BSF: Border Security Force, CISF: Central Industrial Security Force, CRPF: Central Reserve Police Force, ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force, SSB: Sashastra Seema Bal, NSG: National Security Guard.)
Constable is the lowest rank in the central armed police forces. He/she may be in charge of patrolling the border territory, collect and transmit intelligence reports, or may fight Maoists, insurgents, terrorist, provide security to border villages and infrastructure, may take part in active combat during wartime.
Civilian duties include regular patrolling, preventing sabotage, providing VIP security, maintain records, manage traffic duties in the emergency, maintain order during elections. Protect industrial infrastructure, respond to bomb threats, as well as conduct rescue and relief during calamities like flood and earthquake. Constables may to next level of Head constable level post on promotion.
How to become SSC GD Constable
Must be between 18 to 23 years of age(relaxation as per rules)
Must have passed matriculation (10th standard) from a recognized board.
Online application with fee (choice of force such as BSF or SSB must be mentioned in the application), written test (Computer-based),
Physical measurements, medical examination and physical fitness (endurance)
- Minimum height for men: 170 centimeters, and for women: 157 centimeters,
- Chest measurement for men: minimum 80 centimeters unexpanded, min 5cm expansion, (Relaxation as per rules)
Written exam pattern and syllabus
The exam consists of 4 parts: (25 marks each, 25 questions)
- Intelligence: reasoning, logical/analytical aptitude, number series,(IQ based) etc.
- General Awareness(GK): knowledge of sports personalities, history, the constitution of India, arts, culture, leaders, events, geography, economics, science and environment etc.
- Elementary mathematics: numerical, ratios, decimals, compound interest, profit and loss, time-distance etc.
- Language Hindi or English: Comprehension, vocabulary etc.
Interested candidates may note details from SSC website. While applying, candidates must make sure that there is no mismatch between data entered in the application and the testimonials. Selection criteria are written test subject to fulfillment of physical measurement and physical efficiency as well as medical fitness.