Uttar Pradesh forest department is considered one of the reputed departments. The forests of this State are found in great epics like Ramayana and Mahabharata. The UP forest department performs various functions in maintaining the state forests.
- They provide the green and clean environment to the society for this they planted trees nurturing forest etc.
- They adopt various technologies and policies for the inculcation of the forest environment.
- Their main aim is to adopt the best technology from the best modern technologies and exposed them to the latest global research.
For successful completion of all these aims, UPPSC invites various applications for the posts of Forest Ranger Officer (RFO) and Assistant Conservator of Forests (ACF), so that they can properly take care of their forest.
UP Forest Officers Salary
|Component||Guard||Ranger (RFO)||Assistant Conservator of Forest|
|Post Type||Class – IV||Class-II||Class-II|
|Pre-Revised Pay Scale||5,200 – 20,200||9,300 – 34,800||15,600 – 39100|
|6th CPC Initial Basic Pay||7,100||14,100||21,000|
|7th CPC Initial Basic Pay||19,900||47,600||56,100|
|Gross Salary Per Month||28,000 – 35,000||65,000 – 80,000||78,000 – 95,000|
The above table represents the 6th CPC Basic Pay, starting pay, revised initial basic salary and monthly gross emoluments for each directly recruited post.
Forests Guard Job profiles
Forest guard is directly working under the range officers (RFO). They are mainly responsible for saving the forests from harmful and illegal threats and harms. A Forest Guard is a brave person who sacrifices their comforts and plays challenging roles in saving wildlife and sanctuaries. So, before you get hired for this posts, it’s good to get familiar with some powers of the forest guard:
- They work under the supervision of RFO and will be responsible for the security of the forest area, trees, plantation, and animals.
- As a Forest Guard, you need to contact the senior for taking decisions on the field.
Range Forest Officer
- RFO directly reports to the ACF and Forest Guard report to him.
- They are also responsible for conducting various programs related to forest and the aware public about forest conservation.
- RFO is a Class-B Gazetted officer post in the UP Government.
Assistant conservator of forest
Assistant conservator of forest or (ACF) is basically an administrative officer. He supervises range officers and their subordinates. He makes sure the security of the larger part of forest reserves. The main aim of ACF is to harvest the forest properly. He has a lot of work to do and fulfill ample of duties that are:
- Their main task is to plant the seeds at the right time and in the appropriate season.
- They should have the knowledge of operating machines so that they can use the machines easily when required.
- His main task is to appoint the people in the appropriate positions who can help him in the task of forest conservation.
- He also keeps the record of the income & expenditure from the forest area under his/her jurisdiction.
How to become part of UP forest department
If you want to join the the Uttar Pradesh Forest deparment. You have multiple option to join this prestigious organization at different. First, you need to analyze which post fit for you. Like if you also looking for Police Constable or Army Constable then Forest guard will be the best alternative for you.
Suppose your target is Sub Inspector the Range Forest Officer may be a good choice.
In order to join the department in the Guard position the Uttar Pradesh Sub Ordinate Services Selection Commission issues the recruitment notification. Interested candidate may apply online from UPSSSC.GOV.IN the website.
Range Officer & Assistant Conservator of Forest
Both of these posts are Gazetted Group B post in the Forest Department. Candidate may apply through the UPPSC official site. The all graduate who fulfills the minimum qualification criteria are eligible to apply for the post.
Hope all the information provided is very important and useful for you. For more updates stay tuned.